12 January 2012

Life, love and change

It has been a while between posts! I guess the longer I didn't blog, the easier it was to continue to make excuses not to.

"So what has happened in the last ten months?", I hear you ask.

Well, I bought a house with my beloved.

Our 1930s Queensland home

We then decided to fill our house with two beautiful little fur babies.

The odd couple: Pipsqueak the Dachshund
and Barney the Labrador

After toilet training, picking up after distroyed books/glasses/bed sheets/bras, a few housing renovations, changing jobs (for us both), we finally finished the year off with an 'I do'.

My beloved and I on the most amazing day of my life
(photo: Sue Kime photograhy)

What an incredible year!

So where's the cooking among all of this domestic bliss? It has continued with gusto, as seen here in my Christmas Eve spread for my beloved's family.

Christmas Eve feast including a corn and
mediterranean salad, NZ whole snapper with a
tomato and paprika dressing, char-grilled chicken
with crunchy roast potatoes.

I am looking forward to 2012 to have a little less change than last, and returning to my love of food and writing.

Will I succeed in this resolution?

7 comments:

  1. of course you will do! cant wait..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back!! Good to see. What's on the menu? You should provide the recipe for that delicious apple and cinnamon jam which was just divine by the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. BTW I made a killer red velvet fudge in your absence, have you made it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having faith in me, Kerstin :-)

    Brismod, I finally did it. I think the next recipe will be the pear chutney, I've received very happy feedback about it. Glad you liked the spiced apple jelly as it is a winner, I believe.

    Kitty, thanks for coming back. That recipe sounds fab. I've never tried it but I think it must go on the cooking to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see that you are posting again Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on so many great changes in 2011. Beautiful wedding shot!
    Just catching up on your posts now. Everything looks so delicious as always. Love the Thai dishes! How good does red velvet fudge sound?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for checking back in, Sonia (Raine and Sage). It was an amazing year, but I'm thoroughly enjoying 2012 already by getting right back into blogging and cooking.

    ReplyDelete